Unilit 20 lime insulating render is ideal for providing one of the best thermal performances of products suitable for insulating historic buildings as mentioned in English Heritage information for Energy efficiency in historic buildings.
We believe it is very important to consider the following before enhancing the thermal performance of a historic building:
• -The heritage values (significance) of the building
• - The construction and condition of the building fabric and building services
• - The existing hydro-thermal behaviour of the building
• - The likely effectiveness and value for money of measures to improve energy performance
• - The impact of the measures on heritage values
• - The technical risks associated with the measures
Government legislation to save energy
To reduce the UK's dependence on fossil-fuel stores and to cut carbon dioxide emissions the government has set new national targets for reducing carbon dioxide emissions of at least 80% by 2050 and at least 26% by 2020 against a 1990 baseline. This can only be achieved if every household and business takes steps to reduce the amount of energy they use. Such measures are often referred to as climate change mitigation. Greenhouse Mitigation has been defined as the action taken to reduce the impact of human activity on the climate system primarily through reducing gas emissions.